Banner

Kickbike Race Max 20 optimieren – für Training, Tour+City

RheinBergRoller hat geschrieben:S
Der Unterschied zum Originalrad ist wesentlich größer als erwartet. Der Roller ist jetzt spürbar straffer (federt weniger beim Treten) und gleichzeitig komfortabler, d. h. ich werde bei Unebenheiten weniger durchgeschüttelt.
Das verwirrt mich jetzt doch etwas, straffer und gleichzeitig komfortabler wäre natürlich eine geniale Verbesserung, aber wie könnte das überhaupt realisiert werden? Widerspricht sich das nicht grundsätzlich?

RazorRamon hat geschrieben:Das verwirrt mich jetzt doch etwas, straffer und gleichzeitig komfortabler wäre natürlich eine geniale Verbesserung, aber wie könnte das überhaupt realisiert werden? Widerspricht sich das nicht grundsätzlich?
Gute Frage. Der Minits federt weniger beim Treten. Dadurch wirkt der Roller insgesamt steifer. Dasselbe gilt für Unebenheiten. Mit dem Kriterium war der Maxe hinten ziemlich unruhig und reagierte auf jede kleinste Unebenheit. Jetzt werde ich weniger durchgeschüttelt, was ich als komfortabler empfinde. Die neue, breitere Felge wird sicher auch einen Einfluss haben.

Im Moment sieht es nicht nach Regen aus. Vielleicht roller ich heute Nachmittag mal die große 49 km Runde mit dem neuen HR.

So, hab am Wochenende 105 km mit dem Renn-Maxe abgespult. Endlich mal wieder richtig Muskelkater. :D

Das neue HR ist völlig unauffällig. Straff, aber komfortabel. Ein so "sauberes" abrollen war ich von einem kleinen HR bisher nicht gewohnt.

Dagegen wirkt das VR (Campagnolo Zonda, Schwalbe One 28mm) recht polterig. Mal schwammig weich, mal brutal hart, je nach Untergrund. Da würde ich jetzt gerne ebenfalls einen Foss-Schlauch probieren um zu sehen, wie groß sein Einfluss ist. Foss listet zwar einen 28-38C, bei Händlern ist jedoch nur ein 38-48C zu finden. Der wird nicht passen. Vielleicht kaufe ich ja den 20-25C und mache den Ultremo ZX 25 mm wieder drauf.

First I want to apologize for writing in English / Bitte entschuldigen Sie mich für die Verwendung der englischen Sprache.

I customized my Kickbike Race Max 20 as well. In fact every part of the footbike is replaced, except for the frame and the headset. This Tretroller Forum was very helpful for giving ideas and where to find some specific parts. I found lots of stuff at shop sales or at market places for used products, so overall costs were limited.

During summer time I use my Kickbike as a racer on tarmac roads. My goal was to achieve a minimal overall weight, a footboard height as low as possible on normal road surfaces, and a configuration that helps to stand in a aerodynamic position. My Kickbike is now customized as follows:
- Lightweight, but stiff carbon road fork (Ritchey WCS UD Carbon). The small length of the fork reduces the footboard height. Compared with the standard Kickbike the footboard is lowered by approximately 2 cm at the front of the board.
- Tubeless ready front wheel (Fulcrum R3 2-way) + tubeless 25mm tyre (Schwalbe One). The wheel has a better hub than the standard Kickbike wheel and is well known as a race wheel with a good price-quality. It's an allrounder with a low weight but no specific aerodynamic build. I am not yet convinced by the advantages of a tubeless tyre, although I have not experienced problems with this tyre. Perhaps a normal 25 mm tyre combined with a latex inner tube may run faster. Schwalbe is testing a new version tubeless tyre and I will look after it when it's in production.
- Fairly lightweight 20 inch back wheel (Remerx Sunbow) + 32 mm tyre (Panaracer Minits Lite PT). I tried a smaller tyre, but this lowered the footboard too much. And when the wheel is placed in the second frame position, the footboard is lifted too high, even when a 23 mm tyre is used. Now I am very pleased with the Panaracer tyre. This is an ideal alternative, with a very low tyre weight, low rolling resistance and a puncture protection layer included. The Remerx wheel has a non-standard quick release skewer. It works a little clumsy on a Kickbike and I need an allen key to tighten the wheel in the frame. Unfortunately the quick release skewer of the original Kickbike wheel cannot be used with this wheel, because of a different axis width. Nevertheless, once mounted the Remerx wheel rides fine.
- Road brake on front wheel (Sram Rival 22). I removed the brake on the back wheel, as it is of no use on a race footbike.
- Time trial handle bar (Profile Airwing) + 17 degrees downward stem (Easton EA70). This combination facilitates a low, deep rider position. I had to turn the handle bar a little downward to find a comfortable hand position.
- Time trial brake lever (Sram TT 500).

The overall weight is a little less than 6 kg. The footbike handles very secure. The rolling speed down hill is comparable with a 28 inch carbon Peter Groeneveld-footbike. I am quite satisfied and I think this configuration makes the Race Max 20 a very fast racer. I expect that further improvement will cost a lot of money with only a slight effect. For long distance rides an adapter for a 28 inch wheel might be helpful, as it is being said that it stabilizes the footbike movement. But I'm not convinced that the speed of my 20 inch Kickbike will increase significantly by a 28 inch back wheel.

When autumn winds en temperatures come in, I transform my Kickbike into a crosser. It takes only a little time to replace the back wheel, the fork combined with the front wheel+brakes, and the bar combined with the stem+bar ends+brake lever. My cross Kickbike is configured as follows:
- Rigid, lightweight carbon cyclocross fork (Easton EC90X). The length is about the same as a standard Kickbike fork, but the Easton fork is designed to fit tyres as wide as 50 mm.
- Low budget, strong 28 inch front wheel (Mavic A719 rim + Shimano Deore XT hub) + 50 mm tyre (Schwalbe Furious Fred). Although the wheel is rather heavy, it is reliable and rides fine. I am still looking after a wheel with lower weight and a wider rim, designed for use with V-brakes. However these wheels become rare, as disc brake wheels dominate the MTB market. The tyre is mounted with a latex inner tube in order to ride well at low pressure and reduce the risk of a snake bite leak. Although it's a fast tyre that can be used at low pressure, the puncture protection is minimal. In the future I might replace this tyre with a 50 mm Conti Race King RaceSport.
- Fairly lightweight 20 inch back wheel (Remerx Dragon Line) + 50 mm tyre (Schwalbe Shredda). Nice combo.
- V-brake on front wheel (Avid SD7).
- Carbon flat bar (Easton EC90 XC) + angled bar ends (Ritchey WCS Ergo). The combination flat bar + angled bar ends resulted in a very stable hand grip. As I hold the bar ends, my wrists rest on the bar. It is quite easy to steer through technical difficult terrain conditions.
- Brake lever (Avid SD7) mounted on the bar end.

Besides these cross tyres I have an extra set high-profile tyres which are more suitable under very muddy conditions. But I found that in most situations wide, low profile tyres are the best option on a cross footbike. The height of the footboard is enough to overcome most obstacles without any problem. I never use the second frame position for the back wheel. Overall I haven't much wishes left for my crosser. The same Race Max 20 that works whole summer as a fast racer, appears to perform just as good as a crosser during winter time.

Perhaps you can use some of my information as input for customizing your own Kickbike. I am also very interested in your opinion and suggestions regarding my footbike set-up.

@QQleQ: Thanks a lot for sharing your configuration details with us here! Actually, I still have not modified my Race Max for touring as I had planned, so I am currently in the process of finding some parts to do so.

Weiß jemand, wo man aktuell brauchbare 20"-Räder – eines für Race-, eines für Tour-Konfiguration – mit anständiger 65mm-Nabe, oder evt sogar letztere einzeln, bekommt? tretroller.de hat Laufräder+-teile leider aus dem Sortiment genommen. Kostka müsste welche von Remerx haben, fragt sich nur, wie gut die dann sind. Die rot eloxierten Naben finde ich zumindest farblich aufdringlich. Bei Remerx selbst habe ich im Katalog 2015 nur folgende 65mm-Nabe gefunden:
RX 790 F
Hub for special use with 65 mm O.L.D for straight head spokes

MATERIAL : AW 7075
WEIGHT: 92 g
O.L.D: 65 mm
SPOKES: stainless straight
NUMBER OF HOLES: 20
BEARINGS: sealed
MOUNTING: nut + bolt
COLOUR: black, red, silver anodized and white painted
Falls die etwas taugt, bräuchte man nur noch den Händler, der sie einem verkauft.

Das ist schade. Tretroller.de hatte einen sehr guten 20 zoll laufrad mit 65 mm Nabe für race und tour.

Bei Tretroller-shop.com is das 20" Laufrad Remerx Dragon Line mit 65 mm Nabe zu bekommen. Diese rad funktioneert sehr gut als Tour Laufrad. Es kan vielleicht auch als Renn Laufrad benützt werden.

Für einen Renn Laufrad können Sie auch informieren bei Kostka. Vielleicht hat Mann einen leichtes Rad zu verkaufen.

Bilder von der Racer: Und Bilder von der Crosser: Diese Cross Tretroller ist für mich auch sehr Komfortabel für Touren. Der Winkel des Vorbau des Crosser ist groß, wegen meine Kinder lieben ein niedrigen Lenker. Für den Cross habe ich ein andere Vorbau.

brnrd hat geschrieben:Weiß jemand, wo man aktuell brauchbare 20"-Räder – eines für Race-, eines für Tour-Konfiguration – mit anständiger 65mm-Nabe, oder evt sogar letztere einzeln, bekommt? tretroller.de hat Laufräder+-teile leider aus dem Sortiment genommen.
Wer sagt denn das? Sieh mal unter tretroller.de, dort gibt es z. B. ein 20"-Hinterrad mit Alex Felge DA 16 (406x 16) und Nabenweite 66 mm. Wolfgang Seibel bietet bei einigen Rollern solche Optionen an, erkennbar am Button "upgrade your scooter.. click here..".

Gruß, Steffen
Wer Rückenwind hat, der rollert zu langsam!

frog'n'roll hat geschrieben:Wer sagt denn das?
Wolfgang auf meine Anfrage vor einiger Zeit, leider. Aufgrund der Produktbezeichnungen handelt sich wohl um eine noch ältere Liste, als jene umfangreichere, die ich mir ursprünglich gebookmarked hatte, die dann 404 zurücklieferte und zu meiner Anfrage führte. Trotzdem danke!

brnrd hat geschrieben:Wolfgang auf meine Anfrage vor einiger Zeit, leider.
Ok, das ist natürlich eine fundierte Quelle.

Gruß, Steffen
Wer Rückenwind hat, der rollert zu langsam!

brnrd hat geschrieben:Bei Remerx selbst habe ich im Katalog 2015 nur folgende 65mm-Nabe gefunden:
RX 790 F
Hub for special use with 65 mm O.L.D for straight head spokes

MATERIAL : AW 7075
WEIGHT: 92 g
O.L.D: 65 mm
SPOKES: stainless straight
NUMBER OF HOLES: 20
BEARINGS: sealed
MOUNTING: nut + bolt
COLOUR: black, red, silver anodized and white painted
Falls die etwas taugt, bräuchte man nur noch den Händler, der sie einem verkauft.
Im Unterschied zum PDF-Katalog 2015 findet sich auf der Website eine sonst baugleiche(?) unter der Bezeichnung RX 2433: Remerx HUBS special hubs Hub for special use with 65 mm distance for straight head spokes

Anfrage an den Deutschland-Vertrieb zu Verfügbarkeit ist raus.

Ist augenscheinlich exakt die Nabe, die in meinem Alcyon verbaut ist.

Man könnte natürlich auch noch weitere Nabenhersteller anschreiben, ob die eventuell auch Einzelstücke mit geringerer Breite anfertigen würden oder als Kleinserie, die man vielleicht hier im Forum im Rahmen einer Sammelbestellung anbieten könnte. Eine schmalere Nabe anzufertigen, bedeutet keinen besonderen Aufwand. Teuer wird es bestimmt trotzdem.
heylight.de - Heydenreich Präzisionstechnik z. B. wäre ein geeigneter Kandidat für eine entsprechende Anfrage, allerdings im High-End angesiedelt und entsprechend teuer.

QQleQ hat geschrieben: - Lightweight, but stiff carbon road fork (Ritchey WCS UD Carbon). The small length of the fork reduces the footboard height. Compared with the standard Kickbike the footboard is lowered by approximately 2 cm at the front of the board.
Oops, axle to crown 368 mm!!! That's to low for me, even for street race.
WCS Carbon Road Fork
I still use the original fork which is quite good.
QQleQ hat geschrieben: - Tubeless ready front wheel (Fulcrum R3 2-way)
FULCRUM Wheels - Produkte: Racing 3
Pictures and description look like the Campagnolo Zonda which is my Kickbike front wheel for years now. Affordable, fairly light and reliable but it flexes a bit.
QQleQ hat geschrieben: - Fairly lightweight 20 inch back wheel (Remerx Sunbow)
What do you think about this wheel?
Eshop e-kolobezka.cz - Dopl?ky - REMERX Alcyon - zapletené kolo 20"
Might be the 65 mm wheel with the lowest weight available.
QQleQ hat geschrieben: + 32 mm tyre (Panaracer Minits Lite PT). I tried a smaller tyre, but this lowered the footboard too much. And when the wheel is placed in the second frame position, the footboard is lifted too high, even when a 23 mm tyre is used. Now I am very pleased with the Panaracer tyre. This is an ideal alternative, with a very low tyre weight, low rolling resistance and a puncture protection layer included.
I agree. You can't use tires with less than 28 mm. The Minits Lite is labeled as a 32 mm tire but in fact it's a 28 mm. Panaracer calls it "commuter tire" so it should be reliable.
QQleQ hat geschrieben: The overall weight is a little less than 6 kg.
:daumen:

The actual ground clearance with a Ritchey race fork is about 3 cm, without a riders weight on the footboard. Standing on the Kickbike will lower the footboard with an extra centimeter. This configuration is indeed only usable on more or less flat tarmac roads. But it’s meant to be a racer! With a lowered footboard upper leg muscles are spared and it is really easier to ride fast.

When I’m in need of some extra ground clearance, I can easily mount my carbon cyclocross fork. Nevertheless I miss the possibility to fine tune the frame height at the rear. The frame can only be lifted for a giant 4 cm, by placing the rear wheel in the lower fork end. I never found a wheel-tyre configuration in which this is option is useful.

RheinBergRoller, you are right that Fulcrum Racing 3 and Campagnolo Zonda are exactly the same wheels.

According to the Remerx website, the Alcyon rim is a bit more light weight than the Sunbow rim. I also noticed that the spokes of the Alcyon wheel are more aerodynamic and perhaps less heavy. The axis is the same as used in my Sunbow wheel. Overall the Alcyon is probably an even better race wheel than mine.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Technik, Tuning und Equipment“